Monday, March 28, 2011

Mid-Session Check In

27 March 2011
Yavapai College
1100 E. Sheldon St.
Prescott, AZ 86314

Dear Laura Cline:

This year I have finally decided to get serious and start working towards a degree after taking mostly “fun” classes since graduation. Before the beginning of the semester I discovered I had to retake English 102 and, since I had already been through the course, I thought it offered a good opportunity to experience my first online class. Admittedly I was a little apprehensive about the aspect of online schooling, but it has proven to be a positive and rewarding experience. So far in the semester I am proud of the work I’ve done, especially the first long essay we were assigned. I also thoroughly enjoyed the first book we read and reflected on in the first long essay, The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien. After reading this piece I felt a higher regard for the soldiers who fight for our country and also anger for those affected by the draft during the Vietnam War.
Now that the first semester has flown by, my goals for this second semester is to just stay positive and keep working hard so I don’t fall behind. Also, as being someone who is always considering ways to improve their self, it’s only suiting I would apply it to school work. As far as english goes, I found I could improve my work by organizing my thoughts better in my writing and creating a better flow. I have already learned so much taking this online course and it’s safe to say it’s the first of many.

Sincerely,

Tina Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment